With 30 years of experience in public legal education, Young Citizens brings you three topical and engaging legal workshops for young people this academic year.
The workshops are designed to be interactive and aim to highlight the relationship between law and society. They will cover different areas of law and are available for all students, whether they are simply curious or are already set on a career as a lawyer. These are introductory sessions where students will be able to gain insight into how the law works in their daily lives as well as in the court room.
All four workshops will give your students an opportunity to:
- Interact with leading legal professionals in the area
- Build their confidence
- Engage with the law in a fun and interesting way
- Explore the law and how it impacts their lives
- Collaborate with other young people in a university setting
Our upcoming workshops
- Campaigning and the Law: Learning from the Youth Climate Movement – introduce your students to the power of social action and how they can influence the law
- Criminal Law and Advocacy – give your students an insight on how the criminal justice system and what happens inside a courtroom
- Social Justice: The Law and You – empower your students to critically think about the issues that impact their lives and how the law can bring about change
- Historical Mock Trial Conference – join us for this unique experience at the Hillsborough Castle where your students will learn first hand how the legal system works in this historical venue
All workshops will be priced at only £20 per student in groups of 5 or 10 students.