PLE provides young people with the knowledge and understanding they need to understand the legal system and their rights.
It gives young people opportunities to develop the skills and confidence they need to become legally capable, ensuring that they can:
- Recognise and understand the legal dimensions of everyday situations
- Make better decisions and anticipate legal problems
- Understand the legal rights and moral obligations surrounding a variety of situations
- Recognise when they might need support and where they can find it
- Apply the information and advice that has been provided.
SmartLaw is made possible by the support of:
- The Legal Education Foundation
- The Law Society of England and Wales
- The Bar Council
- The Magistrates Association