- From 11th May: Register your interest to receive a free Running a Mock Trial classroom pack to start preparation
- Week beginning 6th July: Applications open
- 18th September: Applications close (may remain open in undersubscribed areas)
- From September*: School guides and student guides made available to all schools
- 5th October: Virtual delivery questionnaire sent out to schools
- 16th October: Last payment deadline – all payments to be made. Schools who have not paid by this date will not have access to the case.
- Mid October: Case made available to schools who have paid. First send date of the Mock Trials Newsletter outlining preparation stage and additional support. Newsletter will be sent mid-month every month.
- 16th November: Deadline for refunded withdrawals (minus a £40 administration fee)
- January & February: Regional heat months – some heats will take place within school hours, some will take place on Saturdays. Please fill out the questionnaire with what works for you.
- End of March – National Final
*Barrister/Student mentors: From October, we will start allocating mentors to schools who have paid; we aim to prioritise new schools. If you have not received information concerning a mentor by 10th December 2020, please assume we were unable to find you one.
*With virtual heats, we will not be allocating schools to physical court locations but highlighting which location preferences you have will be useful in terms of any local support we can provide.
Northern Ireland: Belfast, Derry
London: Inner London, Snaresbrook
Yorkshire and the Humber: Leeds
West Midlands: Birmingham
East Midlands: Leicester, Nottingham
South West: Bristol, Plymouth
South East: Guildford, Maidstone, Oxford, Reading, Southampton
East of England: Cambridge, Ipswich, Norwich
North West: Chester, Manchester, Preston
North East: Newcastle
Please see terms and conditions for further details.